Good afternoon! (Also, good morning, good evening, & goodnight, depending on where you are. Where are you anyway? I’m so curious! Let me know in a comment. That’d be cool.)
Now, where was I?
Oh, yeah! Good afternoon! A few years ago I wrote a post called “Set It Up Sunday” and it’s one that I have shared, time and again, through the years, but have never really followed up with anything new. (By all means, please go read it, so you know what I am talking about. Seriously. Go ahead. I’ll just be here typing. It’s fine. Go. Go!) No new spin or information or updates on how my life has changed. Life is never static and neither are blogs, writing gigs, or Social Media jobs.
So much has changed in my life over the past couple of years I find it hard to wrap my brain around it – just in my every day – let alone trying to articulate it out loud, publicly, in a way you would understand (or even care about), all the while trying to keep other people’s privacy in mind.
It’s exhausting, actually.
Ultimately, though, change is good. It is. You (we) benefit and grow when change is afoot. I do not want to live a life of stagnation and safety. I want to live my life to the fullest. People come and people go. That’s a fact. Most times, even if it doesn’t seem like it in the moment, it’s absolutely for the best.
Anyhoo, I thought maybe I should give it – my Set It Up Sunday – a bit of an update. Semi-regularly. Maybe even a weekly one just to let you know where I am in my plans for the week ahead and how I will be tackling the things that come my way, as well as the things that are constant. Things, husbands*, meal planning and prep, my nagging self doubt and imposter syndrome. You know? The usual.
In addition to letting you into my world a bit more it will really help me to keep writing consistently. Gathering my thoughts and writing things out really helps me to focus on the task at hand – regardless of what that task might be. (See: aforementioned Things, husbands, meal planning, and prep)
Is that something you would be interested in reading here? Feel free to let me know in the comments or in all the places. I know you know where to find me. We have discussed this.
Meanwhile, my darling tens of readers, while all y’all talk amongst yourselves I’ll just go ahead and give you a teeny list to serve as this week’s Set It Up Sunday. Okay? Cool.
Here it is! (with bullet points because that is a very grownup thing to do!)
- Plot out suppers for the week (yes, just suppers)
- Food shop for needed ingredients and a few convenience items
- Buy TP (yes, I am going there)
- Buy Dawn (blue)
- Make magical bathroom/household cleaner
- Get new IKEA sheets and bedding onto the beds
- Read before bed instead of scrolling your life away
- Commit to hit daily Fitbit step goal M-F (yes, weekend are optional)
- Commit to consuming 4 litres of water every single day
- Log meals
- Post coffee cheers and daily meal wrap ups in Instagram everyday (ON the day)
- Get outside into the fresh air everyday
- Actually meet friends for coffee talk or walking coffee talk
- Commit to working from a mobile office at least 2 days this week
- Finish at least 2 posts that have been stuck in drafts (STAT!)
- Write new food related post
- Photos for aforementioned food related post
- Work on content creation every single day (even if you don’t post)
- Get ahead of scheduled Social Media posts so I can have an actual weekend off
- Craft at least one solid pitch to a respected company/brand offering to partner
Whew! That sounds like an awful lot, but I have taken time today to do several of these things. The easy ones like suppers, food shopping, TP, and dish soap are done. SCORE! The scarier or more challenging ones terrify me to even type out, but doing so can only serve to help me. I have dreams just like everybody else. I have plans. Or well I have a “pla” at the very least and if you go read my original post you can see that that my friends, is progress, because back in 2015, al I had was a “pl”.
Wish me luck!
Also, seriously, I want to know what you think. Let’s continue the conversation.
Here’s to a happy, healthy, productive week.
*I swear I just have the one husband. This is not the first time I have written “husbands”. Believe me, I ask “what is wrong with you?!?” to myself all the time, too. It’s okay. We’re cool.